Boost theme favicon change (2)

Boost theme favicon change (2)

by Teuku Edward -
Number of replies: 3

Hello..

This is a continuation of an old post: Boost theme favicon change.

Question: How to change the Boost theme favicon, if you are not the admin?

=====

I use moodle 3.8 hosted on a free cloud.
For other themes, favicon can be changed from "Appearance - Themes - Fordson" for example. But Boost and Classic do not have the option to change the favicon from here.

Thank you.
Warm regards from #LearnMoodleBasics
Teuku Edward

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Teuku Edward

Re: Boost theme favicon change (2)

by Giovanni Vosloo -
Hi Teuku,

The Boost theme is limited in that function and can only be done from the backend in the theme files. Fordson is the next best thing, it is based on Boost, but adds some functions.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Giovanni Vosloo

by Teuku Edward -
Thank you, Gio.

So to make sure, no presets nor SCSS nor anything can help to change the "Boost" and "Classic" favicon.

The only way is to change https://mysite.com/theme/boost/pix/favicon.ico directly if you can access that file, is it correct?
In reply to Teuku Edward

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Teuku, in my daily cron job that I use to do my moodle backups, I include a command to copy my preferred favicon to the boost favicon. Below is my simple line of code (an example, you modify it for your own server) to do so.

However, for whatever reasons, some browsers (like Safari) do not honor my change. It might be that I need to completely remove all caches from Safari. In my Firefox and Goggle Chrome browsers, my favicon does show in the "tab."

cp /home/domainuser/public_html/favicon.ico /home/domainuser/public_html/moodle/theme/boost/pix/favicon.ico
Average of ratings: Useful (1)