strange behaviour of drop-down menus

strange behaviour of drop-down menus

by Daniel Gandolfo -
Number of replies: 1

Hello. I am on moodle version 3.9, Fordson thema. jquery version 3.4.1.

I have not found anything on the forums about the following.

I use jquery scripts (mostly obtained from the community 😉) to format cells and drop down menus properties (color, position, size, ...). It works nicely :

However, I noticed that this formatting also impacts the general menus (color) of the question bank :

I thought the scope of these scripts was limited to the question where they were used but apparently there are side effects and it affects resources at a higher level.

I have no idea where this is coming from and how to locate it if it is an issue.

Also, will this have any damaging consequences on the functioning of my question bank? So far, everything is working normally...

Any comments are welcome and, in general, what precautions to take when using these formatting scripts.

Thanks in advance
Daniel

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Daniel Gandolfo

Re: strange behaviour of drop-down menus

by Daniel Gandolfo -
Well, I'll answer to myself since I think I've found the origin of the phenomenon...

If you check (as I did) the box: "Show question text in list", in the question bank options, the question bank menus adopt the formatting of the scripts that contain these questions (colours, positioning, etc.) thus extending their scope.

So, this is not a bug as I thought at first..