Integration round 2021-07-09 - protect your enthusiasm

Integration round 2021-07-09 - protect your enthusiasm

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Cold numbers:

23 issues have been successfully integrated with 3 rejected and 48 in the queues. That's 88% success, not bad.

Notes:

• In a few hours Moodle 3.9.8, 3.10.5 and 3.11.1 will be released. They include the latest security and bug fixes and it's always recommended to update to them.
  • The UI Component Library has landed, and it's a great step towards a unified and consistent interface. Simply run grunt componentlibrary, go to Admin -> Development -> UI Component Library and start learning about it.
  • Moodle 4.0 requirements have been already applied and you may need to change some of your CI integrations or local development environment:
    • No change in PHP (7.3) or Moodle (3.6) requirements.
    • Minimum PostgreSQL 10 (raised from previous 9.6).
    • The php-exif extension is now recommended.

Hot topics:

• MDL-70335 : Forum subscriptions set to auto now effectively subscribe to participants.
  • MDL-70638 : Teachers now can view files in student's description.
  • MDL-71885 : Allow inline edition of H5P content within the mod_h5pactivity.
  • And lots more in areas web services, libraries, blocks, authentication...

Warm thanks:

• To all the plugins reviewers and guardians, for keeping the 3rd party contributions to the Moodle Plugins Directory under control, reviewing and suggesting continuously how to improve them. More specifically, based on recent activity, big thanks to David Mudrák, Dan Marsden, Víctor Déniz, Carlos Escobedo, Shamim Rezaie, Avi Levy, Marina Glancy and Dongsheng Cai.

I like to believe that I've got a lot of guardian warriors
sittin' on my shoulder including my dad.
-- Patrick Swayze

Average of ratings: Useful (4)