Q & A forum

Q & A forum

by James Thomas -
Number of replies: 6

Current Moodle version Moodle 3.10 (Build: 20201109). Adaptable theme version: 3.10.1.1.

Good morning,

I create a forum, choose Q & A. And don't touch any of the other parameters. The sts are not in groups or cohorts. As the teacher, I create some questions. Some of my students have responded to the questions. 

I enter the forum as a student – a separate account. I too respond to the teacher's question. 

And then what? I expected to be able to see how the other students had responded to the question. Isn't this what the Q & A gloss means: Students must first post their perspectives before viewing other students posts.

Why can't I see what they've written?

Thanks

James

Average of ratings: -
In reply to James Thomas

Re: Q & A forum

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
You have to wait the maximum editing time for forum posts which is by default 30 minutes. (Can be changed globally in Site administration >Security>Site security settings)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by James Thomas -
Thanks Mary. I have just entered again as a student and found the other sts' posts visible. But I didn't realise why till I read your post.

Cheers,

James
In reply to James Thomas

by James Thomas -
It wouldn't hurt if the message saying you can see others' posts once you have posted, 
+ 30 mins.

Cheers
In reply to James Thomas

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
You can add a message to that effect yourself when you post the initial question, perhaps. (That's what we do when we do training with Q and A forums)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by James Thomas -
Thanks. I've started doing that now that I realise. Since the Q & A default message tells us that we have to post something before seeing the contributions of others, it could be extended to "after your 30 mins grace period elapses".
In reply to James Thomas

by Jason McGensy -
You [or your site admin, if not you] could modify the language string on the line {qandanotify/forum} to include the note about the editing-time delay, that way you don't have to worry about adding it manually each time, it will just be there.