"Include custom fields" option not functioning?

"Include custom fields" option not functioning?

by Blair F. -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I'm using 3.9.4+ (2020061504.01). I've only recently discovered the "Course custom fields" feature and have been happily playing with it all day.

When it came time to see what would happen during a backup/restore, I was pleased to see that there was actually an OPTION on both the Backup and Restore pages to include (or exclude) the custom fields. However, it seems that it includes them, no matter what I choose. Even when I exclude them on both the backup and the restore, they still show up in the restore.

I also checked the backup and restore default settings and they don't even include the "Include Course custom fields" option. In its place is the "Include Course competencies." I wondered if the competencies option was mistakenly the custom field option, so I unchecked it from the default. However, it made no difference, so it's probably completely unrelated to this issue, but I thought I'd still mention it.

I'd really like to be able to restore without these fields filled in, if at all possible. Any ideas?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)