Error reading from database for a specific user only

Error reading from database for a specific user only

by Ey Marieb -
Number of replies: 7

Good day,

We encountered a weird concern today, a user encounters the error "Error reading from database" everytime he logs in. As per the user ever since the other day this has been the case for him.

We just recently upgraded our Moodle to version 3.11, the other day.  From my end, I can access and log in to the site without any errors and there are no other reports from other users.

Please help, what could be the problem here? Thank you in advance.

This is the error display when I enabled debugging

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ey Marieb

Re: Error reading from database for a specific user only

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Was there more of that trace that got cut off? We really need to know where that is getting called. You may have to crank up debugging to 'Developer'
In reply to Howard Miller

by Ey Marieb -
Thank you for the response. Based on the logs, the user was actually able to login and upon logging in, this error message appears. I've set the debugging to developer and got this:

Debug info: ERROR: invalid input syntax for type bigint: "courseindexpage"
SELECT * FROM mdl_course WHERE id = $1
[array (
0 => 'courseindexpage',
)]
Error code: dmlreadexception
Stack trace:

line 486 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: dml_read_exception thrown
line 329 of /lib/dml/pgsql_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end()
line 977 of /lib/dml/pgsql_native_moodle_database.php: call to pgsql_native_moodle_database->query_end()
line 1671 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to pgsql_native_moodle_database->get_records_sql()
line 1643 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->get_record_sql()
line 1622 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->get_record_select()
line 390 of /theme/moove/lib.php: call to moodle_database->get_record()
line 372 of /theme/moove/lib.php: call to theme_moove_is_course_available_to_display_in_navbar()
line 282 of /theme/moove/lib.php: call to theme_moove_delete_menuitems()
line 89 of /theme/moove/layout/mydashboard.php: call to theme_moove_extend_flat_navigation()
line 1396 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to include()
line 1326 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to core_renderer->render_page_layout()
line 165 of /my/index.php: call to core_renderer->header()
In reply to Ey Marieb

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Switch theme to the core Boost theme. Does the problem go away?
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Ey Marieb -
Oh yes, it did! Thank you so much! Please help me understand what the problem is. And we do still need the Moove theme in this site.
In reply to Ey Marieb

by Howard Miller -
I don't know anything about the Moove theme. It's obviously an optional plugin. Do you definitely have the correct 3.11 version of Moove. It's only be out for a few days.

I couldn't see anything in the github issues for the plugin.

by Ey Marieb -
Yes it is an additional plugin we installed before. Upon checking it's the latest version. We have this version 3.11.05 (2021052100).

It's intriguing how only specific users (Some additional reports came in) experience the error though.
In reply to Ey Marieb

by Ey Marieb -
Thanks so much for the insight Howard! Based on that I formulated my workaround to just downgrade the Moove theme. I uninstalled the current Moove theme and installed and configured the one for Moodle 3.10 and it works now.

I can't say for sure, but maybe the latest Moove theme has an issue with the Accessibility Toolbar. The only difference of my account to the user with issue is that the Accessibility Toolbar is enabled for him.