Notifications - Moodle 3.11+

Notifications - Moodle 3.11+

by Leon Vergottini -
Number of replies: 3

Hi

May I kindly ask to be pointed in the right direction in regards to notifications.  I need to understand why all notifications goes to all students and not just to the student that it was meant for.

For example, if student A finish a course, a notification is sent to all students saying the student A has finished a course.  However, only Student A should receive a notification that she/he has finished a course.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Leon Vergottini

Re: Notifications - Moodle 3.11+

by Giovanni Vosloo -
Hi Leon,

The information provided will need much more details than this. Moodle will not and cannot send notification to all users if it is meant for another user, so this leads me to think there are other plugins and setups involved. We will need details on this to provide more help.
In reply to Giovanni Vosloo

by Leon Vergottini -
I have went to

My Dashboard / Site administration / Users / Permissions / Define roles

and choose the Student role.  I kept the first section as is and checked the following options in the bottom section.

1. Receive email notification - mod/feedback:receivemail
  2. Get a notification message when an attempt is submitted - mod/quiz:emailnotifysubmission
  3. Get a notification message when an attempt becomes overdue and needs to be submitted - mod/quiz:emailwarnoverdue

In reply to Leon Vergottini

by Giovanni Vosloo -
Hi Leon, those permission options are meant for enrolled teachers so this will explain the notification, you need to undo those changes.

Also a good tip is to rather create a NEW role based on the student role and play with that. This way you will always keep the defaults in place.