Translation of emails sent by message

Translation of emails sent by message

by Luis Fernando Ortiz Giménez -
Number of replies: 3

Hello good morning, I'm Luis and I'm working on testing (and adapting) the update that we are going to make as a version at my university. Right now, I'm checking the warning emails sent by Moodle's messenger. I tell you, version of Moodle in which I am working 3.9, these are the messages that I receive:

(the email is written in Spanish)

1.- From admin user to my user:

probando despues de limpiar caches

---------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a copy of a message sent to you at "Moodle-ADDUnizar". Go to https://moodlemigracion.unizar.es/add/message/index.php?id=2 to reply.

As can be seen, the final tag is in English, and does not correctly put the link to go in my email client.

2.- From my user as a teacher, to other user:
Hola Lorena, por favor, mira a ver si te llega el mail con el texto del mensaje que te estoy enviando. Quiero ver si ya está bien, por favor, reenviamelo cuando lo veas... Un saludo

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Este email es copia de un mensaje enviado a usted en \"$a\"
 As can be seen, the final tag is translated into Spanish but the link is not well constructed

3.- Moodle shows me this error:

Error que se produce cuando selecciono un paquete y le pulso al botón mostrar cadenas.
This error occurs when I select a package and hit the show strings button.  Then he goes on, and lets you work with the chains.

And what have I done? Well, I have been working on the language section, personalization of international Spanish; in message.php, I have made changes, the platform has saved them in the customization message.php, but: In case 1, it does not apply these changes. In case 2, I cannot find where the message is to correct the question of the link between bars. Case 3, how do I fix that? (it's a test facility).

Can you help me?

A greeting and sorry for the inconvenience

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luis Fernando Ortiz Giménez

Re: Translation of emails sent by message

by Germán Valero -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi;
I am the main translator for the mexican Spanish language pack.
The strings used for those messages have been properly translated in both Spanish language packs.

As a rule, making surgical changes in .php files is NOT recommended for language strings.

You are strongly advised to use Moodle's language customization facility.
In reply to Germán Valero

Re: Translation of emails sent by message

by Luis Fernando Ortiz Giménez -
Thank you very much for your kindness. Can I speak to you in Spanish? My spanish is better than my english wink

Thanks a lot!