"Advanced Fill in the Blanks" content type in Moodle

"Advanced Fill in the Blanks" content type in Moodle

by Bente Olsen -
Number of replies: 7
Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
What does i take to use the content type "Advanced Fill in the Blanks" in Moodle? I have an user who want to use it, so I thought that I have to add the type to Moodle, but is that possible and if so, how? I have no experience with H5P myself.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bente Olsen

Re: "Advanced Fill in the Blanks" content type in Moodle

by Daniel Thies -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hello Bente,

That content type is not among to core set that is automatically downloaded from H5P by Moodle. There is an example content on the h5p.org site. You can download that content and upload it manually as a Moodle admin in H5P -> Manage H5P content types settings page.

Daniel
In reply to Daniel Thies

Ang: Re: "Advanced Fill in the Blanks" content type in Moodle

by Bente Olsen -
Thanks Daniel. I have found this H5P page, but I am not sure if this is what you mean? There do not seem to be a download link.
In reply to Bente Olsen

Ang: Re: "Advanced Fill in the Blanks" content type in Moodle

by Bente Olsen -
Oh, now I have found H5P content types in Moodle's Plugin Directory, which contains support for Advanced Fill in the Blanks, so I will try that tomorrow.
In reply to Bente Olsen

Re: Ang: Re: "Advanced Fill in the Blanks" content type in Moodle

by Daniel Thies -
That page contains an example. Click the link 'Reuse' at the bottom left of the example and it will prompt you to download the content to your desktop. Save the file and upload it in the admin setting of your Moodle site. The file contains all the libraries to run the content or create new ones.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Daniel Thies

Ang: Re: Ang: Re: "Advanced Fill in the Blanks" content type in Moodle

by Bente Olsen -
Thanks Daniel. I have now added the content type Advanced Fill in the Blanks, but for some reason it doesn't show up as a possibility when creating a question set. I must miss something?
In reply to Bente Olsen

Re: Ang: Re: Ang: Re: "Advanced Fill in the Blanks" content type in Moodle

by Daniel Thies -
You should be able to create them now as free standing content, but not as part of a Question Set. Only a few question types are supported by the Question Set content. Those have to be added explicitly by the developer of that content. Installing a content type does not automatically mean they can be used inside any existing content types.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Daniel Thies

Ang: Re: Ang: Re: Ang: Re: "Advanced Fill in the Blanks" content type in Moodle

by Bente Olsen -
I see - and understand smile
I have brought your message to my user.