Quiz attempt simple statistics - number of correct, wrong, unanswered questions ?

Quiz attempt simple statistics - number of correct, wrong, unanswered questions ?

'mei a S G - 'aho
Number of replies: 5

@Tim Hunt @Dominique Bauer

Currently, when a quiz attempt is completed, the basic statistics are displayed as below. 

Is there a way to display the total numbers of - 

• correctly answered questions,
  • incorrectly answered questions, 
  • unanswered questions

This is what the current table looks like :

Started onMonday, 26 April 2021, 1:27 AM
StateFinished
Completed onMonday, 26 April 2021, 1:27 AM
Time taken10 secs
Marks0.00/4.00
Grade0.00 out of 10.00 (0%)

Can these be added to the above table ?

Correct answers 2
Wrong answers2
Unanswered questions 3

Average of ratings: -
In reply to S G

Re: Quiz attempt simple statistics - number of correct, wrong, unanswered questions ?

'mei a Dominique Bauer - 'aho
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hello July,

On the "Summary" page, the one before the "Review page", you have the information "Correct", "Incorrect" or "Tries remaining" for each question. Isn't that enough?
In reply to Dominique Bauer

Re: Quiz attempt simple statistics - number of correct, wrong, unanswered questions ?

'mei a S G - 'aho
@Dominique

Are you referring to these pages ? :

https://moodleformulas.org/mod/quiz/view.php?id=12500

https://moodleformulas.org/mod/quiz/view.php?id=5475

I suppose the 'Marks' or 'Grade' (or both of them) would normally correspond to the number of correct answers - if the max mark for each correct answer is '1 and there is no negative marking.

The problem is that in most of the quizzes the marks are set to either 1 or 3 or 4 max per question; and there is some negative marking for wrong answers.

Currently, the total marks (or grade) being shown is calculated with the negative marking factored in.

I was wondering if there was a way to just display the number of correct / incorrect / unanswered questions for the entire quiz in a table on the review page.

i.e., on this page : https://moodleformulas.org/mod/quiz/review.php?attempt=7146&cmid=5475

The quiz navigation section does show the correct / incorrect / unanswered questions in a graphical format; but users have been asking for a simpler list of the numbers.

For a quiz with 150 MCQs, it becomes a little tedious for users to manually count the reds and greens and greys.
In reply to S G

Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I am referring to the "Summary of attempt" page which is displayed when you click "Finish attempt ...", as shown below.

It is true that if you have 150 MCQs, it is a little tedious to count each total of answers which are correct, incorrect, partially correct, and incomplete (tries remaining).

If Tim had answered you, he probably would have told you that you can retrieve the information from the database and then display it however you want.

ForumQuiz_20210702_1744.png

But there is still a fairly simple workaround to use:

Number of answers that are correct, incorrect, etc. ↗

Please feel free to ask me questions or give me your comments.

Formulas_20210703_1903.png

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

'mei a S G - 'aho
@ Dominique Bauer

Thank you! The JavaScript works perfectly.

I just got it added to the 'Additional HTML' and the counts are displayed for easy reference. across all quizzes.

User feedback has also been very positive - since it gives a quick indication of their simple 'raw' performance (Without getting into the score - which factors in the negative marks.)

Considering that this work-around does not add any load on the database / server; and does not need any tweaking of the core code, this should probably be part of the regular release itself. (Or at least built into the theme.)

Thank you so much!