SCORM - Multiple Attempts

Re: SCORM - Multiple Attempts

by Melanie Scott -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Are you talking about a second attempt inside the module or inside of Moodle? You can create a SCORM which allows a second attempt within the same moodle attempt AND you can tell Moodle to allow a second attempt.

If the user has a second attempt in Moodle, it creates a second entry. The first attempt must be marked complete for a second attempt option to trigger (as it puts out a check box to start new) unless you force completion (I never do so, I'm guessing that's what force completion does--my modules are longer, I don't want to make my users insane, so I don't make them start over every time, they complete in their own time).

If the second attempt is inside the module (failed the quiz, clicked a button to try again without closing the module, retook quiz, passed), it may overwrite the original score and activity tracking. Or it may not. It depends on the product and the settings. I think in Captivate, it generally retains all the activity, though, I'm sure there is a way to clear the score while in Lectora, you can wipe out the entire score and start over. It depends on the product and your particular settings.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)