Random questions quiz without repitetion

Random questions quiz without repitetion

by Dor H -
Number of replies: 2

Hello everyone! 

Does anyone know if there's an option to make a random question quiz without repetitions between attempts? 

I mean if I have a quiz containing 5 random questions from a 10 questions bank and I gave the student the ability to make 2 attempts on this quiz I want him to see all the 10 questions.

Currently, a question from the first attempt returning on the second one. 

Am I doing something wrong?

.p.s

The solution of making different banks and different quizes won't do because im making the quiz as a restiraction for the next activity so i have to work with 1 quiz and make it random as possible.

thanks in advance! 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dor H

Re: Random questions quiz without repitetion

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers
I would suggest you really don't have sufficient number of questions to make it truly "random". Consider, you have 100% of questions but ask 50% each quiz at random, not giving the randomize selector sufficient variation I suspect. You may need to ask another 5 or 10 questions, reducing the opportunity for the same question to be asked in consecutive quizzes. Understand that the algorithm controlling the randomizer is actually predictable too so while reducing the opportunity, it doesn't eliminate it.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Colin Fraser

תשובה ל: Re: Random questions quiz without repitetion

by Dor H -
Hello there! first of all thanks for your comment!
so if understand you currently there is no current feature that supports non-repretitiattional quiz in few attempts? the best way is to create a lot more questions in the bank than the quiz (including few attempts) contain and by that lowering the odds of the same questions appearing twice on other attempts?

there is no way without developing on my own to do such a thing without doing more questions than the amount I ask the student?
does the random question algorithm save somewhere the questions student already confronted?