Moodle site registration

Moodle site registration

by John byett -
Number of replies: 12

Hi,

I get the reminder message on my Moodle site........”Your site is not yet registered.”

In attempting to register I get an error message as below. The site has never been registered.

The administrator is not getting email from Moodle….maybe to a discontinued one…..lawrence@hawcweb.co.za ?

How do i go about correcting this problem with registering?

thanks,

john

http://www.moodle.hawcweb.co.za/   

..........................................................................................................

error/local hub/freshmoodleregistrationerror

This error is displayed when you try to register a site and your site's URL matches the URL of an existing registered site.

The admin of the existing registered site will be sent a notification email with the option to delete the registration.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John byett

Re: Moodle site registration

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello John. I look after registration issues and I saw that your site was registered in 2014 with an email of yours, but not the one in your profile. I have deleted the original registration so please now try again to register.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by John byett -

Many thanks Mary....all ok . Appreciate your quick help

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Dean Caplan -
Hi Mary, I am getting the same error messages as John above now after upgrading to v3.11. The site was confirmed registered in v 3.8 but I cannot unregister or re-register from the notification link in 3.11, nor can I get rid of the notification. Can you help?
In reply to Dean Caplan

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello Dean. I can help but I need to know the URL of your Moodle site. If you don't want to do this in public you can send me a Moodle message or complete the Moodle support form as mentioned on the docs page Site registration
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Dean Caplan -

Appreciate your help Mary. My site is at https://moodle.wjets.ca/moodle/

In reply to Dean Caplan

by Mary Cooch -
Hello Dean. Please try again now to register.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Angel Trejo -

Mary Help me  please,  .after upgrading to version 3.11, it sends me this error, and I don't get mail to change the registry,

Error:

You are trying to register a site with a URL that was previously used by a registered site. We've sent an email to this previously registered site administrator. This administrator will have the choice to delete the previous registration record from the hub. If he/she decide to do it, then you will be able to register your site. Note: Usually you should be this administrator, but this step is required to avoid hacking. Thank you

thanks

In reply to Angel Trejo

by Mary Cooch -
Hello Angel. I have removed the previous registration so please now try again.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Angel Trejo -
Good morning Mary
, the error keeps appearing. it won't let me register the site yet sad sad

"You are trying to register a site with a URL that was previously used by a registered site. We've sent an email to this previously registered site administrator. This administrator will have the choice to delete the previous registration record from the hub. If he/she decide to do it, then you will be able to register your site. Note: Usually you should be this administrator, but this step is required to avoid hacking. Thank you."
In reply to Angel Trejo

by Mary Cooch -
I have removed the registration again . It is a site with the same name, last modified in 2016. (I have the email but I won't reveal it here.) If you still get the error, let me know and I will ask our tech people to investigate. Feel free to submit a ticket to Community support as explained in the page Site registration if you want to continue privately.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Angel Trejo -
Thanks a lot!! you are amazing!! my site could already be registered... Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!

Good day smile