by anton morath -
Number of replies: 1

Hello all,

I have a question:
I am currently active in two different moodle sites, let's just say one from a company and another one from  university (or something similar - not relevant to the question I think). They are completely independent.

I would like to stay logged in to both of these sites on my phone, so that I can see notifications etc. from both. Right now, I always have to log out from one, login to the other, and even the "save password" function does not seem to work properly - I have to type in my login-data manually every time.
I use moodle on an iPhone.

Do you have a solution for me? Do you need more information to solve my problem?

Best regards,
Anton

This is my first post. I did not find a solution to my problem - if there is one already, sorry to bother!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to anton morath

Re: Log into University and School at the same time

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Anton,

the app is designed so you can only have 1 "active" site, but you can have several sites stored. You should still receive notifications from sites that aren't the active one, the app doesn't filter them, and clicking a notification from a site that isn't the active one should automatically open that site (you might need to enter your password though). This seems to work fine for us, for example if right now I'm using site A (but I have site B stored too) and someone send me a private message in site B I still see the notification.

By default the app lets you change site without having to type the password, but site admins can change that behaviour to force entering the password. If you always need to enter the password when you want to enter your company or university sites then it means that the site admins of those sites have configured the site to behave like this. In this case, the option to leave the site says "Log out" instead of just "Change site". Since this is something configured by the admin there's nothing we can do to fix it.

We'll check if we find any issue with the native "save password" function, in Android it seems to work fine but we've found some issues in the past with iOS, specially when using Shadow DOM.

Cheers,
Dani