Newbie From PA

Newbie From PA

by Brian Snapp -
Number of replies: 1

Hi all!  Brian Snapp from eastern PA.  I have another hat to wear ... Moodle.

We're trying to put elective courses online for students and Moodle fresh out of the box ... or zip, if you will.  Don't know too much about LINUX either but I guess I will soon. Couple of issues.....

1. When I log in for the first session each day I'm dumped back to the "index of /Moodle" ??  I click on index.php in the file list and I'm OK after that. This also happens the first time I click on a course title to enter the course ... if I'm not logged in yet.  Are my server settings off? Why are there question mark icons next to my files?  I know that's not good .... 

2.  Why can't I create a branch table using regular pages? Moodle seems to insist that I use "question pages" to do this.

3. Is there a utility for creating courses (websites ultimately) for 600 teachers?  I'll be authenticating on LDAP but don't know how to get all the courses created first.

4. Can we assign creators or admins to each of my main categories or do I need to set up separate Moodle sites? I have 10 schools in this district and want an admin for each school.

Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction here.

Have a great day!

Brian

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brian Snapp

Re: Newbie From PA

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Welcome to the boat, with or without a hat smile

The bad news is though, you question has nothing to do with "Servers and Performance". For example, in the forum "General problems" you'll have better chances of getting replies.