remove a theme

remove a theme

by Carlos Cadabeira -
Number of replies: 7

Hello, how to remove a theme that says absent from the disk.

Thank you

I am using moodle 3.6

Attachment Hovv delete.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Carlos Cadabeira

Re: remove a theme

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

In moodle code/theme/ there used to be a folder called 'adaptable' and it's now missing from that location.   The screen is telling you that ... there are references in database for the theme, but moodle can't find the files related to upgrade it.

So in this case all one has to do is update the database ... button on Moodle Admin screen.

Or one could execute the upgrade.php script from command line ... located in code/admin/cli/  .... execute via: php upgrade.php [ENTER].

That should remove the rows in mdl_config_plugins table for that theme.

Guessing that should also solve your other problem you've reported about tabs? (note that's a guess or ?)   Remains to be seen.

BTW, the reason I asked about size of your site backups, I was considering installing your backups in a Virtualbox/CentOS on my laptop to sort your upgrade issues out.   But, consideration withdrawn now - as you seem determine to fix on your server (and struggling to do so :\)

Comment: moodle has never been install it once and forget it.  Does need some care an maintenance from time to time (includes updating and upgrading, *backups* - both site and courses, etc).  Unfortunately, think you're learning that the hard way ... and no one in these forums can really help enough! sad

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Carlos Cadabeira -

Thank you very much.

Your help iz priceless

I have back up of all, thank you.

I need help vvith thiz affair:

It throws me an error that does not allow me to edit anything in the courses.

"Excepción - Class '\availability_group\frontend' not found

The other time thank you very muc.

by Ken Task -

So the issue with updating the theme is now fixed?

Please respond to that.

Now we are leaving the theme and onto other issues in a posting about theme issues.

That particular error has been reported in past versions of Moodle, but solutions seen may not apply in your case ... think those following your troubles are confused ... I know I am.

Troubles started with hosting provider upgrading your PHP to a version (7.4) that created problems with the version of moodle you were running.   Later you say you are now running PHP 7.0 ... and am assuming moodle is 3.6.highest.    Is that where you are at present?

What sort of access do you have to your server?   Do you have a panel (like cPanel)?   Is your server on a shared hosting plan?  Do you have ssh access to your server?

Right now the only thing I can suggest is to turn on debugging (all the way to developer) to see if we can't get more technical information from your setup/issues.

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Carlos Cadabeira -

Yes. I fixed updating the theme, thank you.

The problem iz novv:

It throws me the aforementioned error and does not let me do any editing in the courses, but if the students can work in the courses,

Thank you so much

by Ken Task -

Please respond to the questions asked in my previous post.

Please turn on debugging and report back here what it might be showing.

One additional thing to check ... web servers error logs ... look for entries in those logs related to what you were attempting to do.   Share those back here as well.

If you don't do above, am afraid no one can help you!!!

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

Message error: Excepción - Class '\availability_group\frontend' not found

by Carlos Cadabeira -

My friend

The debbug don´t shown me nothing new.

Only the message: "Excepción - Class '\availability_group\frontend' not found"

Thank you very much

Re: Message error: Excepción - Class '\availability_group\frontend' not found

by Ken Task -
Obviously, you are not a programmer of Moodle.  Debug will show which scripts and line numbers of those scripts.  Am not a programmer either ... but if others see those lines, they might jump in here with a solution for you.

Go to your site /admin/settings.php?section=debugging

Set to developer and leave it on until your site shows no errors.

Please respond to the questions asked in my previous post.
One additional thing to check ... web servers error logs ... look for entries in those logs related to what you were attempting to do. Share those back here as well.

If you don't do above, am afraid no one can help you but you!!!

'SoS', Ken