Transfer grades from workshop to the gradebook

Transfer grades from workshop to the gradebook

by Mokhtar Tabari -
Number of replies: 2

Hi, 

I have been using the workshop module for 3 online classes and it is great for peer assessment activities. For the grading settings, I have selected the "Accumulative grading" strategy with 95% weight for submissions and 5% weight for the assessments. Students are able to complete the workshops and receive grades for assessment and submission after the workshop is closed. However, I cannot see workshop grades on the grade book. In fact, no grading category is created in the grade book when I add a workshop module in my Moodle. I am wondering if there is any specific configuration that I am missing along the way that causes no grading item to be populated on the grade book. Moreover, I am not able to assign "Course Mark Weight" for the workshop activities, i.g. I would like to give 2% course weight for each workshop activity. I'd appreciate it if you could help me fix the issue. Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mokhtar Tabari

Re: Transfer grades from workshop to the gradebook

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

no grading category is created in the grade book when I add a workshop module in my Moodle

Once a new Workshop is added to the course, it should create two new grade items in the gradebook (not grade categories). It's hard to say why it would not happen for you. Are you able to enable the developer debugging on the server and try to add a new test workshop somewhere?

In reply to David Mudrák

Re: Transfer grades from workshop to the gradebook

by Mokhtar Tabari -

It does not create new grade items on our Moodle. I have recorded a short video to reproduce the issue.

There's no developer debugging in the video but I have a couple of screenshots. Not sure if they're useful! And, thanks for looking into this, David.

Attachment Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 10.36.34 AM.png
Attachment Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 10.37.05 AM.png