Themes which display course categories and courses uniformly?

Themes which display course categories and courses uniformly?

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators

Are there themes which display course categories and courses uniformly?

Let's say, a site has three top course categories. Site home page with category depth 1 displays as in this screenshot:

When I navigate to one of these categories, I see the next level of course categories as in:

Finally when I navigate to a second level category, I see the courses:

The question is: Are there themes, in which the two first screenshots will look exactly like the third one? Means that the course categories have their own "category" images which will be displayed like the course images in the third screen-shot.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

Re: Themes which display course categories and courses uniformly?

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
I don't know whether the explanation is clear, it is not something exotic though. In the German forum, they are looking for is under Der Kurskatalog in Moodle.

Here is an analogy. In most of the (graphical) file managers if you open a directory its sub-directories are shown first, then come the normal files. Consider course categories as directories, courses as normal files. I have seen (I think) commercial themes doing this.
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

Re: Themes which display course categories and courses uniformly?

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Dear Visvanath,

I understand the question, just not had the time to look, i.e. both the course categories and courses are shown in a square with an image.

Kind regards,

Gareth
Average of ratings: Useful (1)