Snap Theme - CSS not displaying

Snap Theme - CSS not displaying

by Caitlin Lawrence -
Number of replies: 7

Hi everyone,

I'm using Moodle 3.11+ and Snap theme 3.10.3. After I upgraded Moodle to 3.11+, my Snap theme stopped rendering the CSS and JS so it is all just plain text, images, and links without any styling. I don't know what's wrong or how to fix it. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Snap theme as a clean slate but it didn't help anything. I turned on the option to display error messages but none are showing up. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Caitlin

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Caitlin Lawrence

Re: Snap Theme - CSS not displaying

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Snap is not currently supported for 3.11 in the plugins database.
From what you are describing it sounds as if the scss style sheets are broken for 3.11 and will need to be updated by the developer.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Caitlin Lawrence -
I see, thank you Richard. I was hoping that would not be the case. Is there any way I could fix the scss style sheets myself to make them work with 3.11? I really like the Snap theme because of its layout and the table of contents sidebar. I don't want to have to use another theme while I wait for who knows how long for the developer to update Snap to 3.11.

by Clayton Dzingayi -
I have the same problem here too. The only option will be to downgrade Moodle and wait for the theme upgrade by the developer. I am pretty sure keeping those updates messages off will save us from this kind of dilemma. 3.10 was not even far off that we could take this inconvenience.

by Jonathan Jensen -
Same problem. Tried all of the same things.
The download page indicates that it supports 3.10, 3.11 - but it does not.
I see this issue was first raised in June - has anybody had any success yet?
In reply to Jonathan Jensen

by Jade Montemayor -
Hi all, any success so far in installing SNAP in moodle 3.11?
In reply to Jade Montemayor

by Allison Swayze -
They have released an updated theme for Moodle 3.11, just not beyond that at the moment. I read somewhere they do a release every 2 years so if you want to keep the SNAP theme, don't upgrade your Moodle version until they release the new one and only upgrade to the version the theme is compatible with. I don't remember where I read it but it may be where I posted a comment with link below https://github.com/open-lms-open-source/moodle-theme_snap/issues