Is it possible to create a .h5p file independently and view the content using the Moodle app in _offline_ mode?

Is it possible to create a .h5p file independently and view the content using the Moodle app in _offline_ mode?

by Avner Moshkovitz -
Number of replies: 2

According to the tutorials in here, Moodle 3.10 can view h5p files in offline mode.
Is it possible to create a .h5p file independently (i.e. not using Moodle platforms) and view the content using the Moodle app in _offline_ mode?
Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Avner Moshkovitz

Re: Is it possible to create a .h5p file independently and view the content using the Moodle app in _offline_ mode?

by Sara Arjona Téllez -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Avner!
Thanks a lot for raising this interesting question. We've created the following FAQ to answer it: https://docs.moodle.org/311/en/H5P_FAQ#How_can_I_ensure_that_H5P_content_can_be_accessed_in_the_Moodle_app_when_offline.3F

As you'll see, external H5P files will never be downloaded for offline use into the app sad
Cheers!
Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Sara Arjona Téllez

Re: Is it possible to create a .h5p file independently and view the content using the Moodle app in _offline_ mode?

by Sara Arjona Téllez -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi again!

There is a workaround for H5P content created externally: you can always create this content externally, then download it to your computer and upload the file to Moodle. That way, users will be able to view H5P files in offline mode too wink

Kind regards!

P.D.: Thanks a lot to Helen for helping me to create the FAQ, polishing the wording and also for suggesting this workaround :-*
Average of ratings: Useful (4)