Accessiblity toolkit: Word count question

Accessiblity toolkit: Word count question

by Mary Cooch -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello accessiblity experts smile Participants in our Learn Moodle 3.11 Basics MOOC are having a good time testing their courses with the Brickfield Accessiblity toolkit but a question has been raised about the checker saying some pages have more than 500 words, whereas in fact they have far fewer than 500. ( I went into the course and looked for myself and even if you count the words in code view you still get around 300) 

Is the checker counting characters rather than words, or is there something I haven't thought of?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Accessiblity toolkit: Word count question

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Here is some additional information. I found a similar page in the actual Learn Moodle 3.11 Basics course - a screenshot of what is in the report is below and if you're interested in counting the words, you just need to sign up to Learn Moodle 3.11 Basics and then click this link https://learn.moodle.org/mod/page/view.php?id=148946 - and put the text into a Word counter.

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Accessiblity toolkit: Word count question

by Mary Cooch -
Thanks to the Brickfield team for their swift response to this and here is the issue for those who want to follow it MDL-71925
Average of ratings: Useful (1)