Guest Access for Questionnaire

Guest Access for Questionnaire

by Stephen Dargan -
Number of replies: 4

Hi. Was there ever a resolution to allowing access for guests into a questionnaire? We need an anonymous feedback form on our Front Page for non registered users. If anyone could give me any advice of how to set this up I would be very grateful.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stephen Dargan

Re: Guest Access for Questionnaire

by Ravi Murugesan -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I agree, Stephen - I don't think Questionnaire allows guest responses. I also wish it did. (I have the latest build - 2020111801 - on my 3.9 site.)

In the Docs it says "If your Moodle course allows guests, they will only be allowed to respond to a questionnaire whose responses have been set to anonymous." Doesn't work I think.

I have a course that is open to guests and I have just put in a Questionnaire. It is in anonymous mode. I have mapped the Guest permissions under 'Activity: Questionnaire' in the course to match the permissions for the Student role at the site-level. That is, I have allowed the following 5 actions:

Print blank questionnaire
Read response summaries, subject to open times
Read own responses
Complete and submit a questionnaire
View a questionnaire

But guests still can't access the questionnaire - there is a pop-up asking them to login.
In reply to Stephen Dargan

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
You could use the Feedback activity instead. See the Feedback FAQ on How can I allow non-logged in users to give feedback?
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Sandie Kappes -
The response to the Feedback FAQ on How can I allow non-logged in users to give feedback? says, "Note that this only works for the front page, and NOT for courses with guest access." Is there a way to let guests give feedback within a course? Since I haven't found one, I will most likely have to create an external feedback form using a tool such as Google forms.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)