Test bank

Test bank

by Dean Butler -
Number of replies: 3

Is there a way to have your test bank separate from the courses you may be teaching on Moodle?  I want to keep the quizzes in Moodle but for some reason when the course is complete (for example Spring 2021 is finished and I am teaching the same course in Fall 2021) I lose the quiz/test questions in the Spring 2021 course and have to retype them all for the Fall 2021 course.

I would seem to be a lot easier to keep a test bank on our Homepage so that we have access to them at all times for whatever course we may be teaching.

Or is there a way to do that and I am not seeing it.  My local administrator for Moodle for the university I teach at can not do it.

Thank you for any help.

Dean Butler

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dean Butler

Re: Test bank

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
The ability to keep questions together for you is a regular moodle feature. However, it does require that you and your Moodle admin know how questions are organized in the question bank. You folks might want to review the Moodle docs.
In reply to Dean Butler

Re: Test bank

by Matthew Chin -
I suppose one way is to store your quiz in a text (GIFT or Aiken) then import it whenever there is a new course.