Error with templatecourse while uploading courses

Error with templatecourse while uploading courses

by Sebastien Jaffredo -
Number of replies: 2
Hi

I have been using admin/tool/uploadcourse/ to duplicate courses in bulk, populating the "templatecourse" field with the names of the courses I want to duplicate. It has worked fine for about 50 courses.

Then suddenly, although the names of the courses are correct, it is giving me a "error/setting_invalid_text" message error. Somehow the templatecourse name is not recognised anymore and the created course is not based on the designated template course.

I'm attaching two examples of csv files, one that worked and the other one that didn't, but it seems more like an internal error.

Thanks for giving me your thoughts.

Sébastien
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sebastien Jaffredo

Re: Error with templatecourse while uploading courses

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
The one that you said works intrigues me - I've not yet successfully been able to use 2 different course templates inside the same CSV - in the past once Moodle hits a row in the csv where the template course differs from previous rows, the "different" template course did not actually restore into the course, only the previous template course. Can you clarify if both shells you made with this CSV actually ended up restoring with 2 different templates?
In reply to John Provasnik

Re: Error with templatecourse while uploading courses

by Sebastien Jaffredo -
Yes it did.
I'm just guessing here, but the problem you encountered might have been related to the settings on the course upload page?
My apologies for stating the obvious, but if the template courses names are in the csv file the "Course process" part needs be left blank.

Regarding the issue I had: it's solved. There problem stemmed not from the upload process per se, but from an error in the fullname of the template course.
Attachment capture_06072021_101543.png
Attachment capture_06072021_101717.png
Average of ratings: Useful (1)