chat problem

chat problem

by Umawadee Wongmit -
Number of replies: 12
hi, everybody we use moodle 1.5.1 and have problem about chat.When we input the message into the input box, the message inputs don't show on the display section and cannot find any input value in the database too.how should we do to solve this? umawadee
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Umawadee Wongmit

Re: chat problem

by Matt Gibson -
Sounds odd. What are the settings in configuration>modules>chat>settings? You should be using 'normal method', this error could be due to having it set to 'chat sever daemon' without having the daemon running. If not, have you tried to upgrade to 1.5.3+? It's not impossible for a file to have become corrupted somewhere along the way...

MAtt
In reply to Matt Gibson

by Carlos Alexandre Fonseca -
Picture of Plugin developers
i have the smae problem, my moodle version im 1.5.3+

In reply to Carlos Alexandre Fonseca

by Matt Gibson -
What settings do you have (as mentioned above)? The chat requires javascript to be enabled in your browser. Check that this is the case.

Matt
In reply to Matt Gibson

thanks for your reply Matt Gibson

My javascript is enable and working, but a fix that problem editing de file
moodle/mod/chat/gui_header_js/jsupdate.php

line 150

<a href="<?echo $refreshurl ?>" name="refreshLink">Refresh link</a>

I change to :

<a href="<?php echo $refreshurl ?>" name="refreshLink">Refresh link</a>

and the chat works again

sorriso

In reply to Matt Gibson

by Tony Beld -

Yep. First thing to check is have you enabled JAVA IN YOUR BROWSER.

Worked for me...

by Umawadee Wongmit -

first, thank you Matt
we use normal method in configuration of chat setting.we try to use same source code with another machine and it is work.
we think this problem cause from configuration on machine but we don't know how to check this?

Umawadee

by Matt Gibson -
Hi Umawadee,

I think that chat is heavily dependent on javascript. One thing that worked for me when having trouble with the html editor was to uninstall the Java virtual machine and then reinstall the latest version from the java website. Other than that, I'm not sure.

Matt
In reply to Matt Gibson

javacript don't depends of java virtual machine, if you have a browser thats suport javascript you don't need java virtual machine to make javascript work

it's not the same programing language, java is one language and javascript other different language, only the name and some language structure are the same

Ok

piscando

In reply to Carlos Alexandre Fonseca

by Matt Gibson -
Yeah, that's what I thought, which was why I was surprised when a reinstall fixed the html editor. Strange. But worth a go.