Updating Moove theme plugin option not available

Updating Moove theme plugin option not available

by Madelyne de Bruin -
Number of replies: 3

I currently have the Moove 3.9.08 plugin installed on my Moodle 3.9.7 version.

I noticed Moove has a 3.11 version availalble, but when I go to site administration>plugins overview>check for available updates, the update option is not there?

Side note: I'm not a software developer and don't know how to go into my Moodle files, etc. 

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Madelyne de Bruin

Re: Updating Moove theme plugin option not available

by Leon Stringer -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Moove version 3.11.01 is for Moodle 3.11. It won't work with Moodle 3.9.

See the theme's versions page for information on which Moove version works with which Moodle version. Since Moove 3.9.08 is the latest version for Moodle 3.9 and you already have this no update option appears.

In reply to Leon Stringer

by Madelyne de Bruin -

Thank you for the feedback. Yes, I realise Moove 3.11 won't work with Moodle 3.9. I guess it makes sense that the update option won't reflect in Moodle. 

My next problem is then this: If I first update to the latest Moodle - it breaks my theme and I can't update to latest Moove theme then. How do I go about updating both without causing havoc? In what order should I update and do I do it as normal?

In reply to Madelyne de Bruin

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
If in doubt, switch back to the core Boost theme before you upgrade.

You'd be unlucky if the upgrade broke so badly that you couldn't use the site. But even then overriding the theme can be done by adding

$CFG->theme = 'boost';

...in your config.php file
Average of ratings: Useful (2)