Detailed statistics about course activities

Detailed statistics about course activities

by Shawn Nadeau -
Number of replies: 0

Hello!
I'm not sure it's relevant to my question, but our Moodle version is presently 3.10 (Build 20201204), although we will be upgrading to 3.11 soon.
My question has to do with the possibility of getting detailed statistics related to how many courses contain a given activity type. So, a little background, during the pandemic when everything went online we signed up with a remote proctoring service for online exams that is added to a Moodle page as an external tool. Now that a year has passed, we are re-evaluating our use of this service and its cost, so we would like to know not only how many courses it has been deployed to but also how many students were impacted.
I can ascertain the number of courses by going to 'Manage Tools' in the administrative settings and checking the "This tool is being used X times.." field, but short of checking each and every course to see which ones use it and which dont, I'm not sure how to get the number of students that used the tool.
Is there a way to get a list of courses that contain a given activity type or external tool? As it is, I can only get a numerical value for the number of courses and I have not found a way of getting anything more than that.
Thanks!!

Average of ratings: -