Home page customisations (adaptable)

Home page customisations (adaptable)

by Chris Taylor -
Number of replies: 0

Hi everyone, I'm not sure whether these requests are specific to the theme or not, so apologies if they are not. 

1. We have a few mandatory courses which all users must complete, and then a host of optional ones they can do at their own leisure. I'd like to display the mandatory ones only for all users on the front page somehow. I can add an html block with an image and link the course easily enough, but I was wondering if there is a way I can add the course card for selected courses as they appear in the dashboard with progress % etc? Maybe there is some code I can use? If so I'd be very grateful for some pointers. I know I can star the courses in the dashboard, but I want to display these courses for all users. 

2. Is there a way to get the course categories displayed in a block? I'd like to be able to move the category list around, whereas it is stuck in position when 'list of categories' is displayed on the front page, however the 'my courses' block only displays enrolled courses and not categories. Again I'm wondering whether I could use html code for this, although I've no idea how to write the code.

3. Alternative to 2, is there a way of displaying the categories as tiles on the front page? Or maybe I'm best creating html blocks with linked pictures?

I'd be very grateful for any insight into the above.

Thanks in advance. 

Chris 

Moodle 3.9.7+ (Build: 20210520)

Adaptable 3.0.2

Average of ratings: -