How to show calculation steps in STACK?

How to show calculation steps in STACK?

by Daisy Syarif -
Number of replies: 4
Hello everyone,
I would like to set up a question in STACK that enables the student to show their workings out. This does not have to be automatically marked. I am aware that I can use the Notes input type, but then the input by the student is not translated nicely by LaTeX.
Thank you in advance for your help and advice!

Daisy
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Daisy Syarif

Re: How to show calculation steps in STACK?

by Stephan Bach -
Hi Daisy,
I think you could use Equivalence reasoning without grading it and with comments being allowed (use comments as an extra option).
Stephan
In reply to Stephan Bach

by Daisy Syarif -
Hi Stephan!
Thank you for your suggestion. Just to make sure...
1. Under input, do I then choose Algebraic Input? But then what should I put in the Model Answer?
2. Under PRT, does it matter what I put as Teacher's Answer?
The STACK plugin I'm using might be different because it requires me to not leave these fields empty.
In reply to Daisy Syarif

by Stephan Bach -
Hi,
1. Equivalence reasoning is a separate input type that you can choose. The model answer could be some sort of short worked solution, such as [x^2=1, x=1 nounor x=-1] or just some placeholder, such as ["Your notes"]. This depends on whether you want to use it in the potential response tree or not and what you would like to have displayed as the "correct answer". In any case the teachers answer for this input type has to be a list.
Youc can find details on this input type here.

2. It only makes sense to use the student's answer in a PRT, if you want to mark it or if you want to give feedback on it. If this is not the case you don't need a PRT.

Stephan
In reply to Stephan Bach

by Daisy Syarif -
Oh I see, I think I do not have this Equivalence Reasoning input type in the STACK plugin that I have at my institute. I thought you were referring to EquivReasoning under PRT. I have to see what I can do to get the newest version. Many thanks for your help!