Learning analytics tool

Learning analytics tool

by enou Jenou -
Number of replies: 7

Hello,

I need to develop a tool that alerts students about their progression in  moodle courses, based on analytics . where could I begin ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to enou Jenou

Re: Learning analytics tool

by Stefan Scholz -
Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Enou,

can you please outline in more detail *when* you want to alert students about *what*?

Best
Stefan
In reply to Stefan Scholz

by enou Jenou -

Hello,

I would like to alert first grade university students about their probable lack of participation in a particular activity or to alert them (guide them) about pedagogical content that is more suited to their level of interaction with the course. This is based on the analysis of their previous activities (learning analytics).

thank you for your interest.

Best regards.

In reply to enou Jenou

by Stefan Scholz -
Hi!

I think you could solve that issue very easy by adding a label to the course which is restricted to show only to first grade students. This could be accomplished using availability conditions, e.g. based on other course completions or maybe cohort membership if you use them. The subcourse plugin also comes into mind.

You could surely also build this using learning analytics, but it is probably a lot more complex.

Cheers
Stefan
Average of ratings: Useful (2)

by enou Jenou -

Thank you Stefan,

My objective was to develop a kind of plugin that analyses a dataset and proposes a set of actions among which: alerting students. It would even predict the behavior of students towards a particular course or activity based on a new model (new target, new indicators).

I appreciate your help, thank you.

In reply to enou Jenou

by Stefan Scholz -
Sounds interesting!
Do you already have ideas about the algorithm/model?

by enou Jenou -

I have a general idea of a prediction model not a complete one