Importing quiz questions from another course doesn't import correctly.

Importing quiz questions from another course doesn't import correctly.

by Nathaniel Bland -
Number of replies: 4

Hello!

I am creating a new course from scratch and am trying to import question from one of my previous courses. There are APPROX 820 questions across 41 categories. About 20 each.

I can export them in many formats but usually choose Moodle XML for stuff from one course to another. I export the parent quiz bank and set it to write category and context to the file.

However, when I import them, chaos begins. I choose Moodle XML and tell it to get category and context from file.

NOW it is importing 1030 questions. It seems to be duplicating them as well. Not all of them, but some of them. The first ~150 are duplicated and then it seems to mostly stop.

Finally, it seems to be not actually putting the questions in the categories they came from. This is repeatable each time.

This happens regardless of what format I export them into. Any ideas? I am not an admin user so I cannot provide the version number. Admin also has the docs link disabled for some reason.

Attachment Moodle 1 - export.png
Attachment Moodle 1 - export2.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nathaniel Bland

Re: Importing quiz questions from another course doesn't import correctly.

by Nathaniel Bland -

Here are 2/3 import screenshots.

Attachment Moodle 1 - import.png
Attachment Moodle 1 - import2.png

by Nathaniel Bland -

The final import screenshot.

Attachment Moodle 1 - import3.png

by Anton Tremetzberger -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Hi Nathaniel,

Which Moodle version do you have installed? We had a similar problem, it was a bug: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-64713

br, Anton
In reply to Anton Tremetzberger

by Nathaniel Bland -
We're on 3.6.6 I'm finding out.