Enrollling students in a course by user name.

by Stacy Black -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

We use the school's student number as the Moodle username, but when trying to enroll a student in a course searching by student number I get  No suggestions". Normally this would not be a problem, but we have many students that has taken a Western name that have nothing to do with their real name and the teachers either do not know how to look for the students name or are too lazy to look.

Is there a switch somewhere that I can flip that will allow me to enroll students by searching their username?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Stacy

sample

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stacy Black

by Paul Holden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Moodle Workplace team Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Stacy,

See the user identity configuration/documentation at https://docs.moodle.org/311/en/User_policies#Show_user_identity - if you include the field you use to store your "school's student number" to this option then you should be able to search and view it across the site
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Paul Holden

Re: Enrollling students in a course by user name.

by Stacy Black -
Hi Paul,
Wow, thank you very much for this. I wish I had asked this question here years ago. This will make life much simpler for all of us here.
Thanks again.
Stacy