Image for emails from site

Image for emails from site

by Glenn Carver -
Number of replies: 2

Hello there.

I found where to edit text messages for all sorts of notification emails but I was wandering if there is a way to set up a "Sender's" photo, because now instead of a photo it shows two first letters of a name and a surname in a circle

I could put organisation logo instead of this if I knew how.

Moodle version 3.8.3+ but I think we are going to upgrade soon

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Glenn Carver

Re: Image for emails from site

by Giovanni Vosloo -
Hi Glenn,

This screenshot is the 365 way of showing the sender. So the images will only show if you have a 365 account and then update your profile image. The same thing goes for gmail, it has an account, then also an account image you can upload. This being Moodle, it does not have an email account as such and so there is no image linked to it.

Here is my workaround that might work, I cannot say 100% that it will, but you can try.
Set up a 365 account that will be your support email and update that profile picture, then in Moodle use that email account as the sender's email address. The idea is then that hopefully in 365 the email will be detected and the image will display.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Giovanni Vosloo

Re: Image for emails from site

by Glenn Carver -
Thanks for the insight.
So I have to register a 365 account with support@sitename.org or something? Does it have to be in any way connected to my hosting provider? Some hosting providers give you email site domain for free with a web-client, can it be used instead?