Rubric Grading Essay

Rubric Grading Essay

by Luiggi Sansonetti -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi

I know that the question bank is being redesigned for 4.0 but I want to know if it's still possible to see this new feature 🤞

I'm working for several months to integrate as much as possible a rubric grid for essay question type.

I know that from the assignment we can create guide and rubric.
I know that for the essay questions there is nothing.

I'm testing since last year a plugin I found by chance:

This plugin (with qbehaviour) allows you to specify a rubric in an essay question.

But the limitations are :
  • you have to create an assignment to create an rubric
  • you have to create a rubric for each question if you want to differentiate the grading elements

My solution for the moment is the following:
  • create an hidden assignement to create a rubric
  • create a RG Essay question
  • associate the rubric to question
And that for each question...

1 assignement per rubric:

Rubric in question:

It seems to work but it is still laborious.

For student during quiz:

For teacher in manual grading question per question:

Would it be possible to imagine an advanced evaluation option in the composition questions to integrate a rubric, specific to each question?
Or to have the possibility to create rubrics outside the assignment and to link them to the questions?

Thank you in advance for telling me if I am an optimist or a utopian 😅

But as I also know the strength of the community, I think that there is someone who can do it or who already has an idea about it... 😎

Cheers.

(Moodle 3.9 and 3.10 and 3.11)
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luiggi Sansonetti

Re: Rubric Grading Essay

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Lots of people say they want this MDL-32804, however I am not aware of any progress in that direction. (It looks like you have found some thought.)

However, solutions that involve having to create an assignment or something like that is clearly not a proper solution. For a solution to get into the standard Moodle release, it needs to be implemented 'properly', whatever that means.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Luiggi Sansonetti -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Yes, I agree to do "properly" sourire

For information, when assignment is deleted, rubric is always here (for student, and teacher after test).

Rubrics should be recorded somewhere...

So, we can create assignments just for fun rubrics and delete them after linked into essay questions ?

I have to explore this 😁
In reply to Luiggi Sansonetti

by Outuckic Outucpas -
Hi guys, developer of the plugin above here ...

I know it's not perfect, and it has been made only as a workaround for missing MDL-32804 feature requested.
Just so If I can be of any help.