Best question types - math notation in answers

Best question types - math notation in answers

لە لایەن Etienne Landais -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

While I can find numerous way to add math notation symbols to question and feedback text areas, I'm looking for question types that permit the submission of symbols in student answers, where they have to type the actual answer, instead of choosing from multiple choice options or other formats. I need to allow superscript and subscript text but also other math symbols like geometry terms. 

Ideally, the Short Answer format question could be made to accept these, but I can't make that work.

Can anyone recommend specific question types or plugins that help manage this, again, bearing in mind it's focused on the student input, not just the question text/feedback?

تێکرایى نمرەپێدراوەکان: -
In reply to Etienne Landais

Re: Best question types - math notation in answers

لە لایەن Dominique Bauer -
وێنەی Documentation writers وێنەی Particularly helpful Moodlers وێنەی Plugin developers
Hello Etienne,

The AsciiMath notation ↗ is very simple and I think students could use it without too much difficulty.

I think we can even use the same approach with the Formulas question and check if the answer is correct.

In reply to Etienne Landais

Re: Best question types - math notation in answers

لە لایەن Tim Hunt -
وێنەی Core developers وێنەی Documentation writers وێنەی Particularly helpful Moodlers وێنەی Peer reviewers وێنەی Plugin developers