I have installed moodle on a new webhost and am having all sorts of strange behavior with the site. I really don't know where to start to diagnose it, so I thought I would list the specs and some of the problems I am having and see if it rings any bells out there:
I installed Moodle version "1.2 12-15-2003". Have been able to add courses and upload files, but have been having strange problems such as:
1. If I login as Admin, sometimes when I try to go into the admin functions, it asks me to login again.
2. Sometimes if I am logged in as an admin and try to go into the configuration section and click on the Variables, it does not go into the screen to let me change the site variables - the screen flashes but stays as it was. Also, sometimes when I try to perform an admin function, I get a screen that says only admins can perform this function (yet I am logged in as admin???).
3. If I add something to a course (say a resource) that item will not appear in the block unless I click refresh (sometimes more than once).
4. If I try to move a course item up or down, editing gets turned off when I click the up-down arrow next to the item to be moved. I should, of course, see the small blocks I can click on to move the item to.
5. If I click logout while logged in as admin, it does not appear to log me out - I can do admin functions.
6. Turning editing on from the main site page does not work - it does not give an error, just returns the same page.
7. These problems also affect another user I have setup with admin access.
8. Student users can get in, and things seem to work okay, but they also can't logout.
I had another moodle site hosted with another web host and it worked flawlessly. Unforutunately, they went out of business so I moved to this host. I know I should host with moodle, but I don't have the funds at this point.
This is driving me nuts especially since I have had a previous good experience with moodle. I have tried various browsers (IE, Mozilla, Firebird) and cleared the cache multiple times and set the browsers to look for new versions of the page each time the site is visited - all to no avail.
I even built another parallel site from scratch on the same host and am running into similar problems.
If it is some problem with the host I would like to identify it so they can either fix it or I can cancel my hosting.
If anyone is willing to help, I would REALLY appreciate it. I can also give you admin access to my site if that would help.