How accurate is enrolment via lti on a course?

How accurate is enrolment via lti on a course?

by Kathryn Woodhead -
Number of replies: 1

Hello,

I have a moodle course allowing enrolment through LTI (for various schools). I wanted to take a look at the usage of the course by the schools without having to contact them all (as there are over 100). 

So far, in participants, I have been filtering the schools name to see how many users are enrolled and when they last accessed the course. I wanted to ask how accurate is this reporting? Many schools use different VLEs such as blackboard and canvas, will it still capture those users?

Also, is there an easier way of doing this? Essentially I wanted to see how many of the schools have added the moodle course to their vle (through LTI/ external tool). I believe a lot of the schools may be signing up for it and not end up using it, so I wanted to capture how many have put it on their VLE. 

I have moodle v3.8.1(build: 20200221).

Thanks,

Kathryn

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kathryn Woodhead

Re: How accurate is enrolment via lti on a course?

by Jake Dallimore -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Kathryn,

A couple of questions:
Are you using more than one enrolment method for the course in question? One per school for example?
When you say that you're filtering by the school's name, how exactly are you doing this?

Thanks
Jake