Email Notification of New Post on Forum

Email Notification of New Post on Forum

by Ho Tung Patrick HO -
Number of replies: 5

Hi there.

In the MoodleCloud course that I manage, there are separate groups and cohorts. So far I can only receive notifications of my own discussion topics, which makes little sense -- as an administrator I need to know all the new topics across all groups, and students in each group need to be notified of the updates as well.

I have already set "forced subscription", but seemingly it doesn't work as my another testing account (with Student role) can't receive email notification about new discussion topics.

Grateful for your advice on the points that I may have missed out. Thanks a lot!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ho Tung Patrick HO

Re: Email Notification of New Post on Forum

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
There may be more than one way to solve this problem, but have you tried putting yourself into each group?
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Ho Tung Patrick HO -

Thanks, Rick.

Yes, I've already put myself into each group. When I posted a new topic, my colleague and my testing account couldn't see any email notification, even though both accounts were in the same group already.

In reply to Ho Tung Patrick HO

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Don’t know. Maybe someone from the MoodleCloud support will see this and provide an answer.
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello,

As an administrator, you can add a new discussion topic for all participants, however you need to click the Advanced link and then click the checkbox 'Post a copy to all groups'.

It is no different in MoodleCloud so I am going to delete your duplicate post.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

by Ho Tung Patrick HO -
Thanks, Helen, for the advice.

Our team is concerned that students won't be active enough to log in, and therefore missing out the message. We need some push to their email accounts.

By selecting "post a copy to all groups", hopefully all participants receive an offline email notification.