Grid format updated for Moodle 3.9 and 3.10

Grid format updated for Moodle 3.9 and 3.10

by Gareth J Barnard -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello,

These releases supersede: moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=422149.

Version 3.10.1.2 for Moodle 3.10 version 2020110900.00 (Build: 20201109) and above within the 3.10 branch until the next release:

Version 3.9.1.3 for Moodle 3.9 version 2020061500.00 (Build: 20200615) and above within the 3.9 branch until the next release:

with:

1. Fix grid image placement for RTL languages.
  2. Fix missing 'set' prefix on 'section0ownpagenogridonesection' causing offset error on course restore.
  3. Fix 'PNG files not transparent' - #142.

Outstanding issue: github.com/gjb2048/moodle-format_grid/issues/143 - so, I propose that instead of a fairly terminal error, that the following image be displayed in the grid with the 'error information' being in the alternative text:

Broken image descriptive image

What do people think please?  The code area that generates these errors will fail because the underlying PHP image functions fail to operate correctly with the image uploaded / PHP image functions not available.

Important note: The M3.10 version differs from the M3.9 version in that I've moved quite a few of the functions from lib.php to an autoloaded 'toolbox.php' file, this is something I've been meaning to do for years as, I believe, lib.php is always loaded but for a plugin 'locallib.php' is not, and so I've gone beyond that and used the next generation of that being 'Automatic class loading' (docs.moodle.org/dev/Automatic_class_loading).  The consequence of this is that the 'refactor' may contain errors, even though I've done my best and tested as much as possible.  Thus, please as with all plugin updates, install on a test server first and thoroughly check that everything is as expected!

Please report any issues with these versions here ONLY.  If you find this post useful, then please mark it so.

I am aware that M3.11 has been released and it is my intent to publish updates to 'Grid', 'Collapsed Topics' and 'Foundation', with updates to 'Theme Selector' and 'SynHi' if needed.  'Adaptable' is another subject and will likely follow the same pattern as M3.9 -> M3.10.

Gareth

Average of ratings: -