A strange query consumes a lot row and join

A strange query consumes a lot row and join

by Hung Phan -
Number of replies: 4
Dear all,
y server has been optimized and run stable, but I found this kind of query usualy take a lot row scan in my DB. And also take a lot CPU.
Since the frequency was not too high, but this could be escalated to 0,6 req/s for some case.
I ve searched in my code but could not found the keyword DISTINCTROW in any file, could you share me where the cause?

Thank very much

SELECT `u` . `id` FROM `mdl_user` `u` JOIN ( SELECT DISTINCTROW `eu2_u` . `id` FROM `mdl_user` `eu2_u` WHERE ? = ? AND `eu2_u` . `deleted` = ? ) `je` ON `je` . `id` = `u` . `id` WHERE `u` . `deleted` = ? ORDER BY `u` . `lastname` , `u` . `firstname` , `u` . `id`

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hung Phan

Re: A strange query consumes a lot row and join

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Making that more readable:

SELECT u.id

FROM mdl_user u
JOIN (
SELECT DISTINCTROW eu2_u.id
FROM mdl_user eu2_u
WHERE ? = ? AND eu2_udeleted = ?
) je ON je.id = u.id

WHERE u.deleted = ?

ORDER BY u.lastname, u.firstname, u.id

The use of a subquery is silly there. This could be a flat join - I wonder where in the Moodle code this query is coming from? There is mention of DISTINCTROW in the standard Moodle code, which makes me suspect a plugin.

In reply to Tim Hunt

Trả lời: Re: A strange query consumes a lot row and join

by Hung Phan -
I've searched in my code base as well, but not found.
I think it may comes from some query builder, like report! sad
Any help?
In reply to Tim Hunt

Trả lời: Re: A strange query consumes a lot row and join

by Hung Phan -
The cause is from Badge plugin.
Please optimize this, so our earth would be greener ;)
In reply to Hung Phan

Re: Trả lời: Re: A strange query consumes a lot row and join

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Hung,

If you could specify when (doing what) exactly this query is launched, that would certainly help developpers to know what/where to look at to optimize.

Séverin