Support My Big Campus in India! Call for volunteers and students

Support My Big Campus in India! Call for volunteers and students

by Abby Fry -
Number of replies: 1

Hi everyone

In 2020, Tamarind Tree, a school based for local children in Dahanu, India (kindergarten - grade 10) developed an entire digital ecosystem using open educational resources and open source software including Moodle LMS.  Students attending Tamarind Tree are now learning online on Tamarind’s Moodle instance, My Big Campus. My Big Campus, described as a school without walls, is providing children equity of access and much needed protection through the COVID pandemic.

The Tamarind School is run by Hemant Babu and Michelle Chawla Babu, Directors of Moodle Certified Partner Nomad, in India. In early 2021,  My Big Campus was opened up to the public, free of charge. In addition to Tamarind’s 150 students, children from all over India are joining courses delivered by volunteer teachers, namely professionals who have found time to teach classes. 

As part of the Moodle community, you can provide some much needed assistance in two ways:

1. Become a volunteer teacher: Anyone who can teach subjects like digital literacy, math, science or any life skill is welcome to volunteer. You will have to develop a short term course on My Big Campus and deliver your course.  If you are able to contribute, please contact Nomad.

2. Student acquisition: Spread awareness of My Big Campus and the opportunity for Indian school aged children to attend school virtually and free of charge!  You can do this through sharing the facebook and twitter content of Tamarind Tree and My Big Campus, or more specifically, their post featuring a video that explains My Big Campus in detail.

Find out more about Nomad , Tamarind Tree School and My Big Campus.

Thank you!

Abby Fry

Communications Manager

Average of ratings: Very cool (2)
In reply to Abby Fry

Re: Support My Big Campus in India! Call for volunteers and students

by Ellen Forster -

wow! this is very cool, you are great