Customizing the section zero in course

Re: Customizing the section zero in course

by AL Rachels -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I used to have the same problem providing repeating information to my students. I used the Generico filter and its tab and tabitem templates added to a Moodle resource label that I placed in section 0, or anywhere else that I needed to include a bunch of information in a very compact format.
And then of course, once you have the Generico filter installed, you have the benefit of all the other templates available for it.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to AL Rachels

Re: Customizing the section zero in course

by olivier dechepy -
Thank you for this idea. But, unless i'm not familiar enough with Generico (which I am), this cutom template HAS TO BE MANUALLY set in the courses.
What i want is to be able to AUTOMATICALLY have a label set EACH TIME A COURSE IS CREATED. When i say I, I mean the developper/moodle admin : the mass of teacher shouldn't have anything to do at all.
Or if it is indeed possible to use Generico for this purpose, the only way i see a possible interaction is through the javascript. Could you trigger an event on course create, create a label and fill it with instruction from js only ?