In our university many teachers ask for help on a regular basis about standard teachers actions :
- How to add a cohort
- How to display/hide the course to the student
We have made
- many pdf => they prefer callingus /emailing to us than reading it
- a FAQ with a glossary => too many entries, so they won't search
- many user tour (popup) => they don't see it or close it
So we were thinking about customizing the section zero, created by default, each time a new course is created to add a label containing all the minimum information they should read. They couldn't miss it. I could also think about adding automatically a section on top with a label, if sectionzero is not a option.
My question is, how should i proceed ?
=> Is this manageable by a plugin or is it a core feature not overrideable ?
If yes, in the plugin to be written,
- where this section zero is created in the core ? I've looked at the code.
After submitting the course setup form in course/edit.php, there is a call to create_course().
In the create_course() method in course/lib.php there is a call to course_create_section() in course/lib.php.
But in the creation, i see the creation in the DB of the section, but not any information about the content of the section (the annnoucement forum). I would like to add a label resource after it.
Thank you in advance for any information