Integration with Google Spreadsheet

Integration with Google Spreadsheet

by Jacek Rapacz -
Number of replies: 3

I've been looking but with no luck...

Is it possible to integrate Google Spreadsheet with Moodle in a way that values in spreadsheet cells affect Moodle activities? For example, I have a spreadsheet table where I mark attendance in checkboxes (TRUE/FALSE). I would like to make some activity in Moodle called "Class 1 attendance " (then class 2, 3 etc.). Marking TRUE in a spreadsheet for some person should set activity in Moodle as completed for the same person.

Does any tool/plugin allowing the above even exist? Or am I expecting too much?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jacek Rapacz

Re: Integration with Google Spreadsheet

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I don't know about a plugin. I don't know any way to use TRUE/FALSE as a "grade" in the Moodle grade book, but maybe some else will know.

Moodle does have the ability to import grades from external CSV data, which Google Sheets can create. Consider this approach. Many years ago I used "clicker" data for attendance (and "clicker" data for quizzing, too.)
In reply to Jacek Rapacz

by Dave Sherwin -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
I am not sure if there is a plugin that does what you requested.
However Moodle has a few Attendance Plugins already created that would allow you to by-pass Google. Google already collects enough data about us, why give them more?
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jacek Rapacz

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi

As others have already pointed out, there is no such thing in Moodle. Even if you find a workaround today, it will not work tomorrow. Read:
We’re updating the way Google Docs renders documents. Over the course of the next several months, we’ll be migrating the underlying technical implementation of Docs from the current HTML-based rendering approach to a canvas-based approach to improve performance and improve consistency in how content appears across different platforms.
Quoted from this announcement https://workspaceupdates.googleblog.com/2021/05/Google-Docs-Canvas-Based-Rendering-Update.html - two days ago!

Average of ratings: Useful (2)