Hiding/removing Duplicate Student List

Hiding/removing Duplicate Student List

by Bo Schafers -
Number of replies: 3
Hi,

I had a quick look around this forum but could not find anything about this, so I hope someone can help:

The Gradebook (in teacher view) seems to default to a dual display of the student list,

1. On the far left side column of the gradebook page
2.  On the far right side column of the gradebook page

Middle collumns display activity data, Grade letters etc.

I don't really see the point of the duplicate student list on the right hand side. Is there any way it can be hidden (other than intruding into the hard code)

TIA,
Bo

In reply to Bo Schafers

Re: Hiding/removing Duplicate Student List

by Bo Schafers -

Could someone in the know please confirm that the duplicate student list in the gradebook main view is normal, or is the dual display due to something I've overlooked?

Thanks,

Bo 

In reply to Bo Schafers

by Lesli Smith -
Hi, Bo.  I meant to at least offer an explanation for half of your question yesterday--sorry for the delay.  Yes, the duplicate list is normal.  You aren't doing something wrong.  I'm afraid I don't know how to hide the list on the right (but I don't want to do so, as I'm about to explain).

I understand why it would be annoying in the case of a graduate or undergraduate level course with only four or five main assignments for the entire semester, but for those of us who teach primary and secondary, it's a necessity.  I have definitely found it handy when I'm tracking the 25-35 small/large assignments that I record at my level.  Does this make sense?  There might be a preference that can be changed in the upcoming 1.6--or maybe there is some way to turn it off right now and I don't know about it.

Sorry I can't help you more with this issue, Bo.

Anyone else out there have a quick suggestion for a modification in this case that won't mess up the way the rest of the gradebook works?  Thanks in advance for enlightening us both,

Lesli

In reply to Lesli Smith

by Bo Schafers -

> Yes, the duplicate list is normal.

Ok. Thank you so much for your comprehensive answer. Yes, it would make sense to have a duplicate list if there are a lot of activities to grade. However in our context, just one quiz, it it bewildering & senseless to teachers and students alike.

Thanks again,
Bo