Configuring emails

Configuring emails

by Gabri Z -
Number of replies: 3

I am using the "main" admin account, and dusring setup I have entered an email I have access to.

Now, contact form submissions are sent to this email account. There is a way to tell Moodle to use a different email?

Also, there is a way to set a default "admin" mail (i.e. for all technical communications) and one default "manager" email (for all the courses/school related communications) ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gabri Z

Re: Configuring emails

by Giovanni Vosloo -
Hi Gabri,

What contact form are you talking about? Moodle does not have one built in, unless you make use of the Feedback form perhaps or a plugin?

Moodle only send site notifications to admin and this can be very useful. There is no option to set a "notifications" email. Other notifications from courses will go to enrolled users, so if a manager is not enrolled in a course as teacher, they will not get notifications. Then students also get relevant notifications from courses they are enrolled in.

Also if you are referring to the analytics emails, then admins and teachers (and related roles) will get them, this can be very annoying if your courses are not perfect according to those reports. It can however be disabled.

Please provide us additional information to be of more specific assistance.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Giovanni Vosloo

Ri: Re: Configuring emails

by Gabri Z -
I'm speaking about a contact form a coworker added to a page. It seems it doesn't have any setting for recipient and it's sent to admin by default.
But it's possibly a plugin of the Rheme, so i'd be best to check with them. Thank you.