Groups & Members What Tables get updated

Groups & Members What Tables get updated

by Mark Fellowes -
Number of replies: 5

Hi Team
Can you tell me what tables in Moodle get updated when you go into Manage Groups. Select the Group Name, then Add / Remove a Student from the group.

Ie Mdl_New_Customers, Mdl_New_Courses, etc...

I am trying to export (create) a csv file which has the following fields:-

username, firstname, lastname, email, course1, group1

The download option in USERS under admin exports a file but it does not download the Course1, Group1, Course2, Group2... fields so I need to join the tables to get the info.

Silly thing is that the upload a file has these optional fields you can populate.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Fellowes

Re: Groups & Members What Tables get updated

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers
Groups are defined in the mdl_groups table, and who is a member of which group is defined in the mdl_groups_members table. Take a look at this query to see how to get that data: https://docs.moodle.org/310/en/ad-hoc_contributed_reports#Groups_in_course_with_member_list
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Randy Thornton

by Mark Fellowes -
Hi Randy..
Thank you very much for this link.. some powerful queries.
I'm after a query that will give me a list of Groups(Teachers) with what students(Members) are assigned to them. Grouped by the Groups(Teachers).
Are you able to point me in the right direction.
In reply to Mark Fellowes

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers
Sure, the way I do this is to use of the various queries on the ad-hoc page the show me all the users enrolled in a course with their roles. There are several there that show students and teachers. Just use one to get a basic list of who is enrolled in what role. Then I add in the groups to that as another column, where the group belong to that course. So a very simple report would do something like show username, role, group. Then sort it by group.