Best Bootstrap Layout Builder for Moodle

Best Bootstrap Layout Builder for Moodle

by Michael Milette -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I am looking for the best online Moodle Bootstrap layout builder to create custom page layouts in Moodle. So far, I have come across the following:

I am looking for online tools you highly personally recommend (or you know people who use them with Moodle), not just a list of tools that you may have heard of but never used before.

Would you even have a use for a page layout builder if it was integrated into Moodle?

If you have any suggestions or a preference, please share! 

Best regards,

Michael Milette

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Milette

Re: Best Bootstrap Layout Builder for Moodle

by Thomas Stanley-Jones -
Hi Michael, I'm looking for the same thing and have tried Layoutit! and Bootstrap Studio. I didn't like either honestly. To get them to work with Moodle classes and to get the content the way I want I found them cumbersome and not worth the effort.

You posted a couple months ago, what was your conclusion?

So far I've been using Microsoft Studio with some bootstrap plugins ("HTML CSS Support", "Bootstrap v4 Snippets", "Surround", "Auto Rename Tag") and have found the functionality pretty good. It means I've had to do more learning of Bootstrap and I have to write it all in HTML, but this is actually working pretty well.

Copy the HTML from the Atto editor, paste it into Microsoft Code, Shift-Alt-F indents all the code nicely. I use shortcuts like "b-row" and "b-col" and "b-card-header" a lot. When I have what I think will be good, then I paste it the HTML in Atto Editor again, save changes, see the result, rinse and repeat until I like it. As I've learned, this has become much faster.

by Rushikesh Devre -
Hi Michael,

I would suggest you check out the Page Builder offered by Edwiser. It is really helpful since you can add these blocks across your Moodle with just few clicks . The solution allows you to add from 14+ custom block to your Moodle site. These blocks can be completely customized or you can add custom HTML block to design the block from the scratch.  

by Seba Robles -
I never integrated with moodel but with boostrap i recomend Pinegrow.
But the best and the one I always use is Webflow .
i have plans to make a theme using this tool. But unfortunately I can not assure you that it works for you.
The exported webflow code uses Jquery and a webflow own framework but it is all plain javascript, so I don't think you have problems.

Best