Annotated stamps for proofreading?

Annotated stamps for proofreading?

از Toby Ali در
Number of replies: 3

Hi all,

I hope this is in the correct area:

I was wondering if there are any plugins for the assignments tool that would serve the  purpose of providing annotated proofreading feedback marks to a writing task.

I understand there are different systems and symbols for providing feedback. The idea would be to have a "box" of stamps/symbols that teachers could click on, then click again anywhere onto the assignment where it is needed. The symbol could be resized/modified in particular ways. In the box, there'd be a legend, similar to the chart below. 

In a perfect world, these symbols are just jpegs or vector images. Pedagogically, you'd scaffold the meaning of these symbols  as you would any punctuation etc.

Does such a thing exist?

Thanks for your help!

proofreading marks chart

میانگین امتیازات: -
In reply to Toby Ali

Re: Annotated stamps for proofreading?

از Giovanni Vosloo در
Hi Toby,

Toi my knowledge there is nothing like that in Moodle, but you do have the option to add images to the PDF annotation when grading in a Moodle assignment, you can also add the image in deferent sizes if need be.
In reply to Giovanni Vosloo

از Joost Elshoff در
تصویر Particularly helpful Moodlers تصویر Testers
Good idea, Giovanni... a site admin can add multiple stamps in the Annotate PDF plugin for Moodle's Assignment. You could turn your proofreading marks into image files that you can add as a stamp to a submitted text.

Also, this plugin may be of use: https://moodle.org/plugins/atto_corrections
In reply to Toby Ali

از Beatriz Rojo در
Hello Toby,
I implemented this with the assignment using a color-code system, i.e. I marked a word in blue if it was a typography error, in green if it was a conjugation error, etc. Of course, the available colors are limited so the list of marks is very short. This is far from perfect but simple.