Annotated stamps for proofreading?

Annotated stamps for proofreading?

by Toby Ali -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all,

I hope this is in the correct area:

I was wondering if there are any plugins for the assignments tool that would serve the  purpose of providing annotated proofreading feedback marks to a writing task.

I understand there are different systems and symbols for providing feedback. The idea would be to have a "box" of stamps/symbols that teachers could click on, then click again anywhere onto the assignment where it is needed. The symbol could be resized/modified in particular ways. In the box, there'd be a legend, similar to the chart below. 

In a perfect world, these symbols are just jpegs or vector images. Pedagogically, you'd scaffold the meaning of these symbols  as you would any punctuation etc.

Does such a thing exist?

Thanks for your help!

proofreading marks chart

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Toby Ali

Re: Annotated stamps for proofreading?

by Giovanni Vosloo -
Hi Toby,

Toi my knowledge there is nothing like that in Moodle, but you do have the option to add images to the PDF annotation when grading in a Moodle assignment, you can also add the image in deferent sizes if need be.
Average of ratings:Useful (2)
In reply to Giovanni Vosloo

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Good idea, Giovanni... a site admin can add multiple stamps in the Annotate PDF plugin for Moodle's Assignment. You could turn your proofreading marks into image files that you can add as a stamp to a submitted text.

Also, this plugin may be of use: https://moodle.org/plugins/atto_corrections
Average of ratings:Useful (1)
In reply to Toby Ali

by Beatriz Rojo -
Hello Toby,
I implemented this with the assignment using a color-code system, i.e. I marked a word in blue if it was a typography error, in green if it was a conjugation error, etc. Of course, the available colors are limited so the list of marks is very short. This is far from perfect but simple.
Average of ratings:Useful (1)